Sunday, May 20, 2007

Silence!

It's funny how they reduce the cooldown on all silences except ours. It's like we don't really have one.
Silence is not as good as an interrupt. With the casting bar in the Blizzard UI, even a really tired gold farmer can interrupt your heal. Unless... your silence is tied to a global cooldown.

I don't care if you're Spider-man, you will not silence that heal if you have to wait for the global cooldown. Spider-sense is tingling? Sure, but then you gotta wait 1.5 seconds.

So you're like, what about kick? Well, kick and pummel is up every 10 seconds, and rogues have a 1.0 second Global cooldown, because they're special. And warriors, well, you've seen how much they complain about people casting stuff on them.

To make things worse, you can't really silence anyone in PVE. I think I've silenced an ethereal priest in mana-tombs once, but that's probably because he was a priest. But those channelers in Magtheridon's Lair? Those guys are like warlocks. They throw shadowbolts and just refuse to shut the hell up.
But I'm okay with that, Silence is a pvp talent, right?

Now, people don't notice this because they're busy fleeing for their lives, but if you check the Thottbot page on Spell Lock, you'll notice that it says, "Dispel Type: None". If you look up Silence, it says, "Dispel Type: Magic". I silence priests alot and it gets dispelled by their friendly pallys, or vice versa. Felhunter silence? Not dispellable. Well, wait a minute here... Why is a pet spell better than my 21 point talent? So I break out my warlock twink (shhh, don't tell anyone) and sure enough, Spell Lock has a red border and is not a magical effect.
GD It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.